Care Certificate Standard 15: Infection Prevention and Control
This online Infection Control content will deliver key knowledge to healthcare workers which can be used towards achieving the care certificate, this content can be taken as part of the Care Certificate: Full Package.
This content is ideal for all staff throughout the health and social care sector, in particular new starters and existing employees as a refresher.
This module will cover: Hand hygiene, Personal Protective Equipment, Waste segregation and disposal, Safe handling and disposal of sharps, Environmental cleanliness.
- Describe the main ways an infection can get into the body
- Demonstrate effective hand hygiene
- Explain how their own health or hygiene might pose a risk to the individuals they support or work with
- List common types of personal protective clothing, equipment and procedures and how and when to use them
- Explain the principles of safe handling of infected or soiled linen and clinical waste